Monday 29 October 2012

Design Cycle: Printmaking

Printmaking

Brainstorm

Inspiration:

- Humans
- La Ludovica by Stephen Alcorn






Research

Chris Rose
- Wildlife artist
- inspirations come from the countryside
- paints birds
- bird illustrator
- does printmaking
- he does linocuts


Stephen Alcorn
- printmaking artist (intaglio, woodcut, linocut)
- does human faces
- owns a gallery that showcases painting, printmaking and publishing
- visual and artist instructor
- does figure drawing (charcoal, pen, ink)



Plan

- Linocut will be used
- Print will appear black and white
  • Background will be black
  • Girl will be outlined white







Create 



Evaluate

I think my print turned out pretty good. Although, I did face problems in the process. Ink kept entering the lines so I had to continually take the ink off the cuts and I had to ink the lino properly without having it enter the cuts. 

I think my print overall is alright but I didn't like how the background didn't look really good since all the lines in my print looked similar.








No comments:

Post a Comment